Workshop Dates: June 08-09 (Saturday and Sunday)
Darter Photography introduces you to the technical, artistic and social aspects of photography with this workshop. You will learn about the concepts of photography, what the different modes of a camera mean, how to compose a photograph so that it catches the eye, how to post-process it to reflect reality or make it artistic, and, in an increasingly connected world, how to share it online. So the next time you click a photograph, you’ll create a memory to cherish.
Participants of previous workshops say
• “Excellent course content, pace and attitude” – Sneha
• “..as a beginner, it was a good hands on learning experience” – Jyothin
• “The instructors are very approachable and ready for help” – Shantanu
+ See some photos taken by participants at the field session during the earlier workshops - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.157372640992826.38643.133013046762119
This workshop is for you if you:
- are getting started on photography
- have an interest in photography, and
- are keen to take better photographs,
You would be required to bring your digital camera to the workshop. An advanced camera or an SLR is NOT a prerequisite.
- Understanding your camera
- Understanding digital cameras and associated photography gear
- Familiarization with all the controls in your camera
- Camera modes and making the best out of your camera – Program Mode, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Manual modes
- Technical Concepts of photography
- Technical aspects of making a photograph
- Focus and Focal Length
- Understanding exposure, histograms and metering
- Aperture, Depth of Field, Shutter-speed, ISO and White Balance
- Knowing what makes a technically good photograph; identifying problems in images
- Stories through your photographs
- Guidelines for good composition
- Understanding quality and play of light
- Types of photography and their nuances
- Portrait, Landscape, Wildlife, Architecture and Macro photography at a glance
- Post-processing images on the computer
- Guided field session at Lal Bagh to practice concepts learnt in the classroom
- Review of photographs from field session
Your take-aways from the workshop
After the workshop, you will be able to
• understand the different controls in your digital camera and make the best use of them depending on the circumstances at which you are shooting.
• know and use the advanced modes to control the exposure and depth of field to get the best from your subject.
• understand the nuances of composition, which helps in taking appealing images.
• make the best use of your camera’s abilities and open up to unlimited possibilities in photography.
Darter Photography Office,
HSR Layout Sector 1,
The workshop fee is Rs. 5,000/- per person.
The workshop fee includes:
• Classroom sessions and field session under the guidance of Darter Photography Expert
• Lunch and tea/snacks for both days of the workshop
• Breakfast on Day 2 after field session
The workshop fee doesn’t include:
• Additional snacks or beverages ordered from the hotel
• Transport to classroom or field sessions
• Anything that is not part of the Includes section above
Join this Workshop
for this workshop.
Alternatively, email us at email@example.com or call us at 9740083260 (Shreeram M V) / 9880006460 (Arun Bhat) to know more details and to register.
About Darter Photography
Darter Photography offers learning in photography and provides unique outdoor photography experiences to exciting destinations across India. Founded by professional photographers who’ve fallen in love with the outdoors, we help beginners and amateur photographers view the world from behind the camera to take back memories for a lifetime, both in their minds as well as their memory cards.
As part of our efforts to promote photography as a fulfilling hobby and to engage with amateur photographers, we conduct photography workshops, sessions and photography-centric excursions for enthusiasts at all levels.
Also see: Event page on Darter Photography’s Website